Date Night Quick Fix – 1 -Garden or Park
Need a Quick Fix for the perfect date night? We’ve got you covered! This is the first in an ongoing series of Quick Fixes – we will tell you where to go, what to do, and how to prepare – and how to crush date night!
Date Night Quick Fix: Garden or Park
One of the best, and easiest, date nights that is almost always a hit is a trip to your local city garden or park. They provide ample opportunities to explore, talk, and enjoy great scenery. One of the biggest advantages is that, in most cases, it won’t cost you anything to go!
Mia and I have been to dozens of parks and gardens – I even proposed in one.
What to do
- Photography – Whether you bring your fancy DSLR with all 6 lenses, or just your phone, you can take pictures of the water, flowers, local wildlife, or just each other.
- Sunset (or sunrise) walks – Even if the park nearest you is small, nothing beats a walk early in the evening or morning; it will be less crowded, and is a perfect way to enjoy some quiet time alone. Bonus: everything looks better in the pastel lighting
- Picnic – A classic for a reason, a picnic is an easy way to remind your significant other how adorable you are. Pack some sandwiches, salad, fruit, or even Lunchables, and bring a blanket – everything else is optional. After lunch, toss your trash and snuggle up!
How to prepare
- Grab some sunglasses or a hat, and make sure you both have comfortable shoes.
- Don’t forget bug spray if you’re near the water, or sunscreen if you’re going in the middle of the day.
- A blanket is a must, especially for a picnic!